Makes 10 cookies
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||12 min|
|Chill Time||60 min|
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. almond extract*
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Beat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread with sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Add egg and extracts and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add flour and salt and beat until well combined (mixture will be crumbly). Turn mixture onto lightly floured surface and shape into a ball; flatten. Wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll 1/2 of the dough on a well-floured surface using floured rolling pin until slightly less than 1/4-inch-thick. Cut into shapes using well-floured cookie cutters and arrange about 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Cookies should not brown. Let stand 1 minute; remove cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
- For glaze, blend 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, 1-1/2 tablespoons water and 1 drop red food coloring. Brush tops of cookies with glaze, then let dry before storing in airtight container.
- *For Delicate Orange Cookies, substitute 2 teaspoons orange extract for almond extract.