Recipe serves: 12
|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
|Serving Size per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||230|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||52 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||4 %|
Banana Pecan Torte With Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream [or whipping cream]
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1 cup heavy cream [or whipping cream]
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- For CAKE, preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two 9-inch round cake pans with parchment or waxed paper, then grease and flour bottoms and sides of pans; set aside.
- Beat bananas, eggs, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with wire whisk until blended; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Cut in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is size of small peas. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture just until blended. Stir in pecans and chocolate. Evenly spread into prepared pans.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pans and cool completely.
- For FILLING, microwave cream with chocolate in medium microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Chill, stirring occasionally, until frosting consistency. Spread top of one cake layer with chocolate mixture, then top with second cake layer.
- For TOPPING, beat cream, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer just until stiff peaks form. Spread on top cake layer, leaving 1-inch border around edge. Garnish, if desired, with additional pecans or grated chocolate.