Makes 16 puffs
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||35 min|
- 1 cup water
- 6 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese [or Swiss cheese] (about 2 oz.)
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Grease 2 baking sheets; set aside.
- Bring water, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat and stir in flour with wooden spoon, all at once until smooth. Return to heat and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture dries and begins to leave sides of pan, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and continue to stir to cool slightly. Beat in 3 eggs, one at a time, with wooden spoon until blended. Stir in cheese and pepper.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on prepared baking sheets. Beat remaining egg; brush on tops. Bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or on wire rack, cool to room temperature.