Chocolate Chip Scones
- Makes 12 scones
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 12 min
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream, for brushing tops
- 1 Tbsp. sugar, for sprinkling tops
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is size of fine crumbs. Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- Beat 3/4 cup cream with eggs in small bowl with wire whisk. Stir into flour mixture just until blended. Knead dough on lightly floured surface with floured hands until dough forms. Divide dough in half and shape each half into 6-inch circle. Cut each circle with floured knife into 6 pie-shaped wedges. Arrange wedges on baking sheet. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon cream, then sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden. Cool 5 minutes on wire rack. Serve warm or remove from sheets and cool completely.