Devilish Chocolate-Nut Bars
- Makes 2 dozen
- Prep Time 5 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- Chill Time 4 hr
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts, almonds or unsalted dry roasted peanuts, toasted if desired
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (about 6 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- Process 1-1/2 cups hazelnuts with sugar in blender or food processor until nuts are ground. Add 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread and pulse to mix. Press firmly into bottom of prepared pan . Bake 18 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Meanwhile, bring sweetened condensed milk and remaining 2 tablespoons Spread to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in vanilla. Carefully spoon onto hot crust. Bake 12 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate. Let stand 2 minutes; spread chocolate evenly over top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup hazelnuts. Cool on wire rack, then refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours. Cut into bars to serve. Refrigerate in airtight container.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|