Recipe serves: 12
|Prep Time||30 min|
|Cook Time||70 min|
|Stand Time||30 min|
Espresso Swirl Cheesecake
- 1 package (9 oz.) chocolate wafer cookies, for crust
- 1 Tbsp. sugar, for crust
- 6 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, for crust
- 1 Tbsp. instant espresso coffee powder, for crust
- 4 packages (8 oz. ea.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, melted
- 7 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream [or whipping cream]
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. instant espresso coffee powder
- Place 13 x 9-inch pan filled halfway with water on bottom rack in oven. Preheat oven to 325°.
- Process cookies with 1 tablespoon sugar in food processor until combined; set aside. Melt 6 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in small saucepan, then stir in 1 tablespoon instant coffee until dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in cookie mixture. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch springform pan; set aside. Melt remaining Spread, then cool.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1-1/2 cups sugar, flour and melted 1/2 cup Spread in large bowl with electric mixer 2 minutes or until mixture is creamy. Gradually beat in eggs, cream and vanilla until smooth. Reserve 1 cup batter. Pour remaining batter into prepared pan.
- Microwave chocolate in microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons instant coffee until dissolved. Stir chocolate mixture into reserved batter until blended. Drop mixture by 2-tablespoonfuls onto batter and swirl with knife.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes or until edges are golden, covering with aluminum foil if top gets too brown. Without opening the door, turn oven off and let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours. To serve, run a thin knife around sides of pan, then remove sides. Best if made 1 day ahead.