Makes 2 1/2 dozen
|Prep Time||30 min|
|Cook Time||50 min|
|Chill Time||60 min|
Fruit & Nut Biscotti Toasts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped citron (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine flour, sugar, cornmeal, walnuts and baking powder in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, eggs and vanilla in small bowl with wire whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring until mixture forms a dough. Stir in citron and cranberries. Chill 1 hour.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Shape dough into 2 flat logs, about 14 x 1-1/2-inches each on greased baking sheet, with floured hands. Bake 30 minutes or until firm. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Cut logs into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices on cutting board. Arrange cookies cut side down on baking sheet. Bake an additional 20 minutes, turning once. Cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container.