Recipe serves: 4
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||5 min|
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 box (10 oz.) plain couscous
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves [or 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed*] (optional)
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel [or orange peel] (optional)
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until onion is almost tender. Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. With fork, fluff couscous, then stir in basil, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- *VARIATION: Substitute chopped fresh mint or parsley for basil.