Overnight Cheese Danish
- Makes 16 danish
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- Chill Time 12 hr
- 1 package (.25 oz.) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water (about 105° to 115°)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or whipping cream, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Vegetable oil
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine 3-1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in large bowl. Cut in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk cream, 3 eggs and lemon peel into yeast mixture. Stir into flour mixture, adding remaining additional flour as needed to form a ball. (Dough will be soft). Turn dough into large greased glass bowl, then brush with vegetable oil. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1-1/2 tablespoons flour, egg yolk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 2 baking sheets; set aside.
- Roll dough into an 18-inch square on well-floured surface with floured rolling pin. Cut into 16 (4-1/2-inch) squares. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling on center of each square. Lift corners of each square to center and pinch tightly to seal. Transfer with metal spatula to prepared baking sheets. Lightly beat remaining egg with 1 tablespoon water in small cup; brush over tops of pastry.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Remove danish to wire rack; cool 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool completely. Sprinkle, if desired, with confectioners sugar.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|