Recipe serves: 16
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||50 min|
|Chill Time||60 min|
|Stand Time||10 min|
- Vanilla Custard Filling*
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 square (1 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease baking sheet; set aside.
- Bring water, 7 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, sugar and salt to a boil over high heat in 2-1/2-quart saucepan. Remove from heat and immediately stir in flour. Cook flour mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, 5 minutes or until a film forms on the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat, then stir in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Immediately drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Arrange baking sheet on middle rack in oven.
- Bake 20 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 350° and bake an additional 20 minutes. Turn off oven without opening the door and let profiteroles stand in oven 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. To fill, slice off top 1/3 of profiteroles and set aside. Fill with Vanilla Custard Filling. Replace profiterole tops.
- Microwave chocolate and remaining tablespoon Spread in small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate mixture over profiteroles, then sprinkle, if desired, with toasted sliced almonds.
- *Vanilla Custard Filling: Blend 1 package (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding & pie filling, 1 cup milk, 3 to 4 tablespoons hazelnut, coffee, almond, orange or cherry liqueur (optional) and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in medium bowl with wire whisk. Fold in 2 cups whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour or until set.