Pear Brown Betty
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 6 cups fresh bread cubes (crust trimmed)
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, melted
- 2 cans (15.25 oz. ea.) sliced pears in heavy syrup, drained (reserve 1/2 cup syrup)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar,divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 8-inch square cake pan; set aside.
- Toss bread cubes with melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine pears, 1/2 cup brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Layer 1/3 of the bread cubes, 1/2 of the pear mixture, then 1/3 of the bread cubes in prepared pan; repeat with remaining pears and bread cubes. Top with reserved juice and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until top is golden. Serve warm.
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||72 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|