Penne with Chicken & Broccoli
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3/4 lb.), cut into strips
- 4 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine [or chicken broth]
- 1 can 14 oz. chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and, if desired, ground black pepper. Dip chicken in flour mixture, coating well.
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in wine, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons Spread. Toss chicken mixture with hot penne and broccoli. Sprinkle with cheese.
Cost per recipe*: $10.75. Cost per serving*: $2.69. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||51 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||60 %|
|Vitamin C||110 %|