Cornmeal Muffins with Cilantro Spread
- Makes 1 dozen
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 22 min
- 8 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green, red and/or yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with Jalapeno peppers
- CILANTRO SPREAD:
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp. grated lime peel
- For MUFFINS, preheat oven to 425°. Grease 12-cup muffin pan; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook red peppers and onions, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender; set aside to cool.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- Melt remaining 6 tablespoons Spread. Beat milk, eggs and melted Spread in medium bowl with wire whisk. Stir into flour mixture just until blended. Fold in red pepper mixture and cheese. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes on wire rack; remove from pans.
- For CILANTRO SPREAD, in small bowl, blend Spread, cilantro and grated lime peel. Serve with warm muffins.
|Serving Size||1 muffin||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||32 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||40 %|
|Vitamin A||25 %|