Recipe serves: 4
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
Rigatoni with Broccoli in Garlic Sauce
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta [or large tube pasta]
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets [or frozen broccoli florets] (about 1 medium head)
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large shallot [or small onion], finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook red pepper, shallot, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil 30 seconds. Toss sauce with hot pasta and broccoli and sprinkle with cheese to serve.
- NOTE: Recipe can be doubled.