Shrimp & Spinach With Caramelized Shallots
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 4 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2 large shallots or 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bags (10 oz. ea.) fresh spinach leaves, trimmed, rinsed and patted dry
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Toasted fresh bread crumbs* (optional)
- Melt 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until tender. Remove shallots and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook spinach sprinkled with 1/2 teaspoon salt, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach to serving platter and keep warm.
- Melt 1 tablespoon Spread and cook shrimp, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and crushed red pepper flakes in same skillet stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Spread, lemon juice, lemon peel and shallots. To serve, spoon over spinach and garnish with bread crumbs.
*Toasted fresh bread crumbs: Coarsely chop sliced white bread. Toast in toaster oven or bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
|Serving Size||4 servings||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||4 servings|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin C||80 %|
|Vitamin A||280 %|