Recipe serves: 4
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 1 small shallot [or 1/4 cup onion], finely chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Dip chicken in flour, coating well. Heat 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet and cook shallot 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until golden. Stir in wine and broth, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce begins to thicken, about 7 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked pasta or rice and sprinkle with parsley.