Makes 3 dozen
|Prep Time||55 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
|Chill Time||60 min|
|Serving Size 1 cookie|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
Get wrapped up in our mummy cookies - a creative treat which can bring life to any dessert table.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (12 oz.) white chocolate morsels [or prepared vanilla frosting ]
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat sugar, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, Spread, egg and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping sides occasionally, 2 minutes or until well blended. Reduce speed to low. Gradually beat in flour just until blended. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Roll dough into 36 (1-inch) balls, then form into baby carrot shape for body. Roll remaining dough into (1/2-inch) balls for head and press together with body. Arrange ''mummies'' on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 10 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
- Microwave white chocolate in microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute; stir until smooth. Dip tops of cookies in white chocolate; arrange on wire rack set over aluminum foil to catch excess chocolate. Make ''bandage marks'' on the body using toothpick. Add morsels for ''eyes''. Cool completely before serving.
- TIP: To make coffin, “glue” long melba toasts together with additional melted white chocolate, cutting the toasts to fit short ends.
- Cost per recipe*: $5.97. Cost per cookie*: $0.17. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.