Slow Cooker Coq au Vin
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 3 hr 15 min
- 4 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms or white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large garlic
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 3 1/2 lbs. fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown mushrooms, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Spoon mushroom mixture into slow cooker; add onions.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt, black pepper and thyme. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Mediterranean Blend in same skillet and brown chicken. Remove chicken from skillet; add to slow cooker.
- Stir flour into pan drippings in skillet with wire whisk. Stir in wine, broth, tomato paste and bay leaf. Pour over chicken. Cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or HIGH 3 to 4 hours. Remove chicken. Arrange chicken on serving platter, then top with sauce. Serve, if desired, with crusty Italian Bread.
Cost per recipe*: $12.84.
Cost per serving*: $3.21.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||420|
|Total Fat||46 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Total Carbs||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
|Vitamin A||20 %|