Savory Braised Green Beans & Red Pepper
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 9 min
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 30 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spray Original
- 1/2 cup fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. sliced almonds , lightly toasted
- Spray green beans, red pepper and garlic with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spray Original in large bowl; toss to coat.
- Cook vegetable mixture in preheated 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with almonds and season, if desired, with ground black pepper.
VEGETARIAN TIP: Simply swap chicken broth for vegetable broth!
Cost per recipe*: $3.87.
Cost per serving*: $0.97.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin C||120 %|
|Vitamin A||45 %|