Makes 12 cupcakes
|Prep Time||25 min|
|Cook Time||25 min|
|Serving Size 1 cupcake|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||57 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
These delicious, fluffy cupcakes look like snow balls...but do not throw!
- 1 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream [or whipping cream]
- White sprinkles or shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 12- or 16-cup muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in eggs, then flour, scraping sides occasionally. Gradually beat in buttermilk and 2 teaspoons vanilla until fluffy.
- Evenly spoon into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove cupcakes to wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat remaining 1/2 cup Spread with confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, in large bowl with mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, and remaining vanilla. Increase speed to high and beat until frosting thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes, then top with sprinkles.
- Recipe by Sara O'Donnell.