Recipe serves: 8
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||35 min|
Bittersweet Pecan Brownies with Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 4 squares (1 oz. ea.) bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 10 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1/3 cup heavy cream [or whipping cream]
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar [or fresh lemon juice]
- For BROWNIE, preheat oven to 325°. Line 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, then grease and flour foil; set aside.
- Combine flour with baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in medium microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Beat in sugar, then eggs with wooden spoon. Beat in flour mixture. Evenly spread into prepared pan; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 31 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. To remove brownies, lift edges of foil. Cut brownies into 4 squares, then cut each square into 2 triangles.
- For CARAMEL SAUCE, bring brown sugar, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread and cream just to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat, stirring frequently. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Pour caramel sauce around brownie and top, if desired, with vanilla or caramel ice cream to serve.