Champagne Scallops & Asparagus
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 30 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 10 large garlic
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 20 large sea scallops, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or onions
- 1/4 cup Champagne or white wine
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 4 Tbsp. fresh chives
- Hot cooked rice
- 1 lb. asparagus, cooked
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Cover garlic with water in 1-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes. Remove garlic and set aside.
- Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium heat and cook 1 minute or until lightly golden. Add scallops and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until scallops are golden. Remove scallops and set aside.
- Stir juice, shallots, Champagne, maple syrup, garlic and 2 tablespoons chives into same skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Continue boiling, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange scallops over hot rice on serving platter. Top with sauce and remaining 2 tablespoons chives. Serve with asparagus tossed with lemon juice and, if desired, salt and ground black pepper to taste.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||39 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
|Vitamin A||25 %|