Recipe serves: 12
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||55 min|
Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 2 cups chopped pecans (about 8 oz.)
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 4 oz.)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup pecan halves (about 4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll pastry into 14-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Lift and press into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Fold excess pastry under and press together to form a thick crust, then flute edges. Fill with chopped pecans; chill.
- Meanwhile, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil in large saucepan, over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread and chocolate. Let stand 1 minute, then stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Beat eggs, vanilla and salt in large bowl with wire whisk. While beating egg mixture, very slowly drizzle in chocolate mixture. Pour into pie crust over pecans. Arrange pecan halves on top. With fork, gently press pecan halves into filling to completely coat.
- Bake 50 minutes or until center is set, covering edge of crust with aluminum foil after 30 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.