Makes 3 1/2 dozen
|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||25 min|
|Stand Time||20 min|
|Serving Size 1 cookie|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
- 2 cups shelled pistachio or macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 squares (1 oz. ea.) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 1 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, for icing
- 1 1/2 squares (1 oz. ea.) unsweetened chocolate, for icing
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly spray baking sheets with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spray Original; set aside. Reserve 3 tablespoons pistachios for garnish.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat 3/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy in large bowl with electric mixer, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate and extracts. Beat in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in pistachios.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake one sheet at a time 8 minutes or until tops are puffed and dry but still soft when touched. (DO NOT OVER BAKE). Cool 5 minutes on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- For icing, melt chocolate with remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners sugar. Lightly spread 1/4 teaspoon icing on each cookie, then sprinkle with reserved pistachios. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.