Makes 12 scones
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||12 min|
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 3/4 cup currants [or raisins]
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream, for brushing tops
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Cut in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread until mixture is size of fine crumbs with pastry blender or two knives. Stir in currants.
- Beat 1 cup cream and eggs in small bowl with wire whisk. Stir into flour mixture until dough forms. Divide dough in half on floured surface with floured hands. Press each half into 6-inch circle. Cut each circle into 6 pie-shaped wedges. Arrange wedges on baking sheet. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon cream, then sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with additional Spread or place on wire rack and cool.