Recipe serves: 8
|Prep Time||6 min|
|Cook Time||50 min|
Classic Pecan Pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup [or dark corn syrup]
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1 (9-in.) unbaked deep-dish pie crust [or frozen pie crust]
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl with fork. Add sugar, corn syrup, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread and vanilla; stir until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- *TO USE PREPARED FROZEN PIE CRUST: Do not thaw. Preheat oven and a cookie sheet. Pour filling into frozen crust; bake on cookie sheet. (Insulated cookie sheet is not recommended.) CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE: Melt 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate or 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate with Spread. CHOCOLATE CHIP WALNUT PIE: Substitute 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped, for pecans. Sprinkle 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips over bottom of pie crust. Carefully pour filling into pie crust.