Recipe serves: 8
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||25 min|
Gingered Plum Galette
- 3 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 1 lb. firm purple plums [or nectarines or peaches], sliced and pitted
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook plums, ginger and cinnamon, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or just until tender. Stir in brown sugar, flour and lemon peel until well coated. Continue cooking 1 minute or until bubbling. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Arrange pie crust on baking sheet. Fill center of pie crust with fruit mixture, leaving 2 inches around edges. Bring edges over fruit overlapping when necessary. Brush edges with remaining 1 tablespoon Spread, melted. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit is bubbling. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove and let cool completely.