Makes 2 dozen
|Prep Time||30 min|
|Cook Time||9 min|
|Chill Time||30 min|
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts [or almonds]
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, ground walnuts, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks with granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla, scraping sides occasionally. Beat in flour mixture just until blended. Gently form into 2 round discs, wrap each in plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out each disc 3/8-inch-thick on well-floured surface with well-floured rolling pin. (If dough is too soft, add up to 1/4 cup additional flour.) Cut out cookies with 2-1/2-inch fluted or round cookie cutter. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheets and cut hole in center of 1/2 of the cookies with 1-inch round cookie cutter.
- Bake 9 minutes or until cookies are set and slightly golden around edges. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- Heavily sprinkle cut-out cookie tops with confectioners sugar. Spread about 1 teaspoon jam on each cookie bottom; top each with cookie tops. Let set to firm up.
- Tip: Cookies can be made ahead and stored in a cookie tin or wrapped in aluminum foil.