- Recipe serves: 2
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 25 min
- 8 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, ribs removed
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 small red and/or yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh crab meat or frozen or canned crab meat
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- Pinch ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots or onions
- 1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium heat and cook mushrooms with Worcestershire sauce 4 minutes, turning once. Remove mushrooms and arrange on baking sheet.
- Melt 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook red peppers, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in crab meat, oregano, salt and white and red pepper. Evenly spoon crab mixture into mushrooms. Bake 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 4 tablespoons Spread in 10-inch skillet over medium heat and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until lightly golden. Stir in cream, wine, orange juice and orange peel. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes; strain. Evenly pour sauce onto plates and arrange mushrooms on sauce to serve.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||640|
|Total Fat||72 g|
|Saturated Fat||35 g|
|Trans Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbs||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin C||190 %|
|Vitamin A||130 %|