Wild Mushrooms in Creamy Herb Sauce
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen puff pastry bake-and-fill cups (optional)
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced*
- 1 portobello mushroom (about 10 oz.), stem discarded and mushroom cap halved and sliced*
- 1 large shallot or small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme or parsley (optional)
- Bake pastry cups according to package directions; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine mushrooms, shallot, salt and pepper in large bowl. Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook 1/2 of the mushroom mixture, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until golden and tender. Remove mushrooms and set aside. Repeat with 2 tablespoons Spread and remaining mushroom mixture.
- Return mushrooms to skillet. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Spread, broth and cream. Bring to the boiling point over high heat. Stir in thyme. To serve, fill pastry cups with mushroom mixture or turn into serving bowl.
*SUBSTITUTION: Replace both shiitake and portobello mushrooms with 2 packages (10 oz. ea.) white mushrooms. Increase cook time by 4-minutes and cook until liquid evaporates.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||260|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|Vitamin A||15 %|