Moroccan Chicken Stew
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 6 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 can (16 oz.) chick peas or garbanzos [or garbanzos], rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! ® Mediterranean Blend in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until golden. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add remaining 2 tablespoons Spread, then stir in flour, cumin, ginger and cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, chick peas or garbanzos or garbanzo beans and apricots and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve, if desired, with hot cooked couscous and garnish with toasted almonds.