Recipe serves: 6
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
Grilled Eggplant Caprese Salad
- 4 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread, divided
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup very thinly fresh basil leaves
- Microwave 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread in small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Evenly brush onto both sides of eggplant slices. Grill or broil, turning frequently, until tender; cool.
- Meanwhile, bring vinegar, onion and garlic to a boil in 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Cool slightly, then stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Spread. Cool to room temperature.
- Alternately layer eggplant, tomatoes and mozzarella on serving platter. Top with basil, then drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Time Saving Tip: Make this delicious salad even quicker by substituting 1/4 balsamic vinaigrette dressing for the balsamic reduction.
- Tip: Also Terrific with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread.