Honey & Orange Mini Cakes
- Recipe serves: 24
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice PLUS 2 Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup honey, heated
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread, melted
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange peel
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease four 12-cup mini-muffin pans or line with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- Blend 2/3 cup orange juice, honey, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread, egg yolks and orange peel in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl until soft peaks form. Stir orange juice mixture into flour mixture just until blended. Gently fold in egg whites. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 11 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pans and cool completely.
- Combine confectioners sugar with remaining orange juice in small bowl; evenly spread on mini cakes. Garnish, if desired, with orange curls. Let glaze thoroughly set before serving.
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbs||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|