Apple-Cranberry Crumb Pie
- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 30 min
- Cook Time 1 hr
- Flaky Pie Crust*
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 9 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 5 medium apples (such as Granny Smith, McIntosh or Rome), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare Flaky Pie Crust, then chill. Preheat baking sheet.
- Combine 1 cup flour, brown sugar and oats in medium bowl. Blend in 8 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks with pastry blender or two knives to form large coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Toss apples with lemon juice in large bowl; toss in cranberries and flour mixture. Arrange apple mixture in pie crust; dot with remaining 1 tablespoon Spread, then sprinkle with crumb topping. Place on heated baking sheet and decrease oven to 375°. Bake 1 hour or until juices are bubbling. Cool on wire rack.
*Flaky Pie Crust: Combine 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1/4 tsp. salt in medium bowl. Blend in 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Cooking & Baking sticks with pastry blender or two knives to form coarse crumbs. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix with a fork until dough forms. Knead dough with floured hands just until mixture forms a ball. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface from center to edges, forming a 12-inch circle. Press into 8- or 9-inch pie plate or tart pan; trim, then crimp edges.
TIP: After baking 30 minutes, cover pie crust loosely with aluminum foil, if necessary, to avoid overbrowning.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||220|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbs||77 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
|Vitamin A||25 %|