Recipe serves: 8
|Prep Time||35 min|
|Cook Time||65 min|
Crumble-Topped Apple Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt , divided
- 14 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks, divided
- Ice water
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°. Preheat baking sheet.
- For crust, combine 1 cup flour, 1-1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Cut in 6 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks with pastry blender or two knives until coarse crumbs form. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough forms. Knead dough with floured hands just until mixture forms a ball. Roll dough on lightly floured surface from center to edges to form a 12-inch circle. Press into 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- For crumb topping, combine 3/4 cup flour, brown sugar and oats in medium bowl. Cut in remaining 8 tablespoons All Purpose Sticks with pastry blender or two knives to form large coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour, remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon and remaining 1/8 tsp salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Toss apples with lemon juice, then flour mixture in large bowl. Arrange apple mixture in pie crust. Evenly top with crumb mixture, pressing down gently. Arrange pie on heated baking sheet, then decrease oven to 375°. Bake 1 hour 5 minutes or until juices are bubbling. Cool on wire rack.
- Serve, if desired, with Breyers Ice Cream.