Makes 24 mini-sandwiches
|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
|Serving Size 2 mini-sandwiches|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
Italian Grilled Cheese Panini Bites
- 2 medium red, yellow and/or orange tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 24 fresh basil leaves*
- 1 whole grain French baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- Evenly arrange tomatoes, cheese and basil on 1/2 of the bread slices, then top with remaining bread slices. Evenly spread top side of sandwiches with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread.
- Grill** sandwiches, turning once, 4 minutes or until golden. Garnish, if desired, with additional basil.
- *SUBSTITUTION: Use prepared pesto instead of basil leaves.
- **Sandwiches can also be cooked in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat as above. Cost per recipe*: $13.10. Cost per sandwich*: $0.52. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.