Italian Grilled Cheese Panini Bites
These minis are a twist on the classic grilled cheese sandwich.
- Makes 24 mini-sandwiches
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 2 medium red, yellow and/or orange tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 24 fresh basil leaves*
- 1 whole grain French baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- Evenly arrange tomatoes, cheese and basil on 1/2 of the bread slices, then top with remaining bread slices. Evenly spread top side of sandwiches with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread.
- Grill** sandwiches, turning once, 4 minutes or until golden. Garnish, if desired, with additional basil.
*SUBSTITUTION: Use prepared pesto instead of basil leaves.
**Sandwiches can also be cooked in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat as above.
Cost per recipe*: $13.10.
Cost per sandwich*: $0.52.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 mini-sandwich|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||4 %|