Recipe serves: 4
|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||200|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||40 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken & Spinach Salad
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 3 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 6 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Deliciously Simple, divided
- 1 medium shallot [or 1 small onion], chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 package (5 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- Combine bread crumbs with cheese in large resealable plastic bag. Dip chicken in egg whites, then bread crumb mixture until evenly coated.
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Deliciously Simple in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook 1/2 of the chicken, turning once, 4 minutes or until throughly cooked. Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm. Repeat with 2 tablespoons Spread and remaining chicken.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook shallot, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in lemon juice and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat and allow pan to cool about 2 minutes. Toss in spinach. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Serve wilted spinach over chicken.
- TIP: Feel free to substitue your favorite salad greens. To save time, try using prepared cooked breaded chicken cutlets. Cost per recipe*: $10.86. Cost per serving*: $2.72. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- See nutrition information for fat, saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium content.