Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Marinate for 30 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce*
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3 large green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained and cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves or iceberg lettuce leaves
- Combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and hot pepper sauce in glass bowl; add pork and toss to coat. Cover and marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade. Working in batches, melt 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook 1/2 of the pork, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until pork is done. Remove pork from skillet and keep warm; repeat.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet and stir in reserved marinade and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in carrots, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic, scallions and water chestnuts and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Return pork to skillet and heat through.
- Evenly spoon mixture into lettuce cups.
*Such as Tabasco®.
VARIATION: Make Asian Pork Tacos! Serve the pork mixture in warmed tortillas and garnish with diced avocados, shredded lettuce and hot pepper sauce.
Cost per recipe*: $6.93.
Cost per serving*: $1.73.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
|Vitamin A||110 %|