Fish Tacos with Avocado-Mango Salsa
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 5 min
- 1 medium mango, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 lb. cod fillets or firm white fish, cut into strips
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 8 (6-in. ea.) fajita size flour tortilla or corn tortillas , warmed according to package directions
- Combine mango, avocado, onion, cilantro, garlic and lime juice in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt, if desired; set aside.
- Season cod with chili powder and salt, if desired. Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-in. nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook cod, turning occasionally, 4 minutes or until cod flakes with a fork.
- Spoon cod into tortillas, then top with salsa. Serve, if desired, with lime wedges.
Cost per recipe*: $14.00.
Cost per serving*: $3.50.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
VARIATION: Make Salmon Tacos! Simply, substitute salmon for the cod.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||170|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||51 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
|Vitamin A||35 %|