Whole Grain Waffle Paninis
A brilliant breakfast sandwich recipe idea-upgrade to panini status with whole grain waffles.
- Recipe serves: 2
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2 large eggs, slighty beaten
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (about 1-1/2 oz.)
- 2 turkey breakfast sausage patties, cooked
- 4 whole grain frozen waffles, lightly toasted
- Melt 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and cook eggs 4 minutes. (Do not stir). Reduce heat to low and cook covered 4 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from heat. Cut in half and top each side with cheese.
- Layer egg, cheese and sausage on 2 waffles, then top with remaining waffles. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook sandwiches, turning once, 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Cost per recipe*: $3.24.
Cost per serving*: $1.62.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
TIP: Feel free to substitute ham or bacon for the sausage.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||240|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||20 %|