Savory Appetizer Pancakes with Garlic Sour Cream
- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 12 min
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cups pancake and baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup firmly packed)
- 3 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- Blend sour cream, sugar, ginger and garlic in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine pancake and baking mix, milk, green onions and 1 tablespoon melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large bowl with fork just until only a few lumps remain.
- Melt 1 tablespoon Spread over medium heat in large nonstick skillet and cook pancakes (2 tablespoons of mixture per pancake), turning once, 4 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining Spread and pancake mixture, wiping skillet with paper towels as needed. Serve pancakes with garlic sour cream.
Cost per recipe*: $2.07.
Cost per serving*: $0.26.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
VARIATION: For a great brunch appetizer, top the pancakes with a spoonful of chicken salad and garnish with sliced seedless grapes.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbs||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||4 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|