Slow Cooker Turkey Swedish Meatballs
- Makes 75 mini-meatballs
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 3 hr 40 min
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 Knorr® Chicken flavored Bouillon Cube(s), divided
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Spray 6-quart slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Microwave milk with 1 Bouillon Cube in small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 20 seconds; stir until dissolved. Combine ground turkey, onion, milk mixture, bread crumbs and eggs in large bowl; shape into 75 (1-1/2 inch) meatballs.
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and brown 25 meatballs, turning gently, about 4 minutes; add to slow cooker. Melt 1 tablespoon Spread and brown 25 meatballs; add to slow cooker. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon Spread and meatballs.
- Add water, cranberry sauce and remaining Bouillon Cube to slow cooker. Cook covered on HIGH 3 hours or until meatballs are done.
- Combine sour cream with flour with wire whisk. Whisk 1/2 cup liquid from slow cooker into sour cream mixture. Gently stir back into slow cooker; combine well. Cook covered an additional 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley just before serving.
TIP: Moisten hands lightly with water to keep meatball mixture from sticking to your hands.
Cost per recipe*: $8.65.
Cost per meatball*: $0.12.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||3 mini-meatballs||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||3 mini-meatballs|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|Vitamin A||4 %|