Orange Pound Cake
- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 55 min
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt or plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine yogurt, orange juice and vanilla in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar with orange peel in large bowl. Beat in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately beat in flour mixture and yogurt mixture on low speed just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Frost, if desired, with Orange Glaze*.
*For Orange Glaze: Combine 1 cup confectioners sugar with 1 Tbsp. orange juice. Adding more orange juice if needed.
Cost per recipe*: $3.01.
Cost per serving*: $.38.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
TIP: For LEMON POUND CAKE, use lemon juice and grated lemon peel instead of orange.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||46 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|Vitamin A||15 %|