Parmesan-Sage Roasted Turkey Breast with Sage Gravy
- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 1 hr 30 min
- 5 -lb. turkey breast with bone or turkey London broil (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Deliciously Simple, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage leaves, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot or onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°. Arrange turkey, breast-side-up, in shallow roasting pan.
- Combine 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Deliciously Simple, cheese, 1 tablespoon sage and garlic in small bowl.
- Rub I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Deliciously Simple mixture under and over turkey skin. Season, if desired, with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Roast 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in the breast reaches 165°. Remove turkey to carving board and let stand 15 minutes. Pour roasting pan drippings into glass measuring cup; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Deliciously Simple in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook shallot and remaining 1 tablespoon sage, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until shallot is tender. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in broth and bring to a boil. Boil, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Skim fat from pan drippings; add pan drippings to gravy. Serve with turkey.
TIP: If using turkey London broil, roast about 1 hour or until thermometer inserted in breast reaches 180 degrees.
TIP: To place sage mixture under turkey skin, loosen skin of turkey by gently wiggling fingers under skin, being careful not to poke holes.
See nutrition information for fat and cholesterol content.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|