Recipe serves: 10
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||45 min|
|Stand Time||15 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||45 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
Honey-Glazed Pear Upside Down Cake
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 Bosc pears, peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. fresh thyme leaves [or 1/8 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed], (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9-inch cake pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, honey and lemon juice in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until dark golden brown. Add pears and thyme and cook, stirring frequently, 7 minutes or until pears are golden and coated with sauce. Turn into prepared cake pan; set aside.
- Combine sugar with lemon peel with wire whisk in medium bowl. Whisk in eggs, then flour just until combined. Whisk melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread into flour mixture, then pour over pears.
- Bake 35 minutes or until top of cake is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Run knife around edge of cake to loosen. Invert cake onto serving plate.
- TIP: Easily measure honey by spraying measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray. The honey will slip right out. Tip: I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Deliciously SImple Spread may be substituted for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread with delicious results!
- Cost per recipe*: $3.28. Cost per serving*: $0.33. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.