Greek Rice Salad
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- Stand Time 5 min
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 cup converted brown rice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups coarsely chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1 can (15 oz.) chick peas or garbanzos or garbanzos, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook rice, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, then stir in spinach. Let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve warm or at room temperature.
TIP: For Mexican Rice Salad, substitute 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for the spinach and use black beans, Monterey Jack cheese and lime juice instead of chick peas, feta cheese and lemon juice.
VEGETARIAN TIP: Simply swap chicken broth for vegetable broth!
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||53 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
|Vitamin A||20 %|