Western Egg Stratas
Whisk Spread with the eggs and this baked egg strata recipe will always turn out light and fluffy.
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 12 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 loaf whole grain Italian bread (about 8 oz.), cut into 1-inch cubes and toasted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium red and/or green bell peppers, chopped
- 4 ounces cut-cup cooked ham, (about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 6 (8-oz.) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange on jelly-roll pan; set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk and 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large bowl, then toss with bread cubes; set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, red peppers and ham, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir into bread mixture.
- Evenly spoon into prepared ramekins*. Bake 35 minutes until knife inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
*Recipe can be made ahead up to this point and refrigerated overnight. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until knife inserted in centers comes out clean.
TIP: Substitute 1 cup egg substitute instead of eggs.
Cost per recipe*: $8.91.
Cost per serving*: $1.48.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin C||90 %|
|Vitamin A||40 %|