Recipe serves: 6
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||12 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||45 %|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
Warm Autumn Goat Cheese Salad
- 7 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Deliciously Simple, divided
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot [or onion], chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cut into 6 rounds* and chilled
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 8 ounces spring salad mix
- Melt 1 tablespoon I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Deliciously Simple in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook pear, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until golden; remove pear and set aside.
- Melt 5 tablespoons Spread in same skillet and cook shallot, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in cranberries and lemon juice; remove from heat. Turn into large bowl; cool slightly.
- Dip cheese into egg white, then bread crumbs, pressing slightly to coat.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook cheese, turning once, 3 minutes or until golden. Toss spring salad mix with cranberry dressing; arrange on serving platter. Top with pears, then warm goat cheese.
- *TIP: Use dental floss to easily slice goat cheese. See nutrition information for fat and saturated fat content.
- Cost per recipe*: $14.00. Cost per serving*: $2.33. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.