Chicken & Mushroom Balsamica
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 5 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (10 oz.) white button mushrooms or crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 cup fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Bring vinegar to a boil over high heat in small saucepan. Boil 5 minutes or until vinegar is reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Meanwhile, evenly coat chicken with 4 tablespoons flour.
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is almost done. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in reduced vinegar and broth, scraping brown bits from bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and return chicken to skillet. Simmer 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and sauce is slightly thickened. Sprinkle with basil and season, if desired, with freshly ground black pepper.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|