Almond Meringue Cookies
- Makes 52 cookies
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 1 hr 15 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
- 3/4 cup natural sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 225° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In small saucepan melt Spread over medium heat. Add almonds and cinnamon and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until toasted. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In medium bowl on low speed beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Increase speed to high and beat until the egg whites just begin to form soft peaks. Gradually add sugar, beating until well combined. Reduce the speed to low and add extract. Increase speed to high and beat until the meringue is glossy and stands in very stiff peaks. Fold in nut mixture. Using a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2" open star tip pipe the batter into 1 1/4" kisses about 1" apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 45 minutes rotating the sheets and switching positions halfway through baking. Turn the heat off and let the cookies stand in the oven 30 minutes, or until cool.
- Place chocolate in pastry bag fitted with small round tip. Drizzle cookies with chocolate. Let stand 15 minutes until chocolate sets.
If you don't have a pastry bag spoon melted chocolate into small zipper-style baggie. Snip of end of baggie and drizzle cookies
|Serving Size||4 cookies||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||4 cookies|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||2 %|